#schoolmemories

A few weeks ago, #schoolmemories was a trending topic on Twitter. And together with the rest of the [mostly teen-aged] Twitter community, I participated in that trend, sharing my own school memories.


Along the way, I couldn’t stop noticing that most, if not all, of the things I said were all high school memories. From the English Campaign, to sleeping in class, the random things we do in school and the places we miss the most, the list goes on. Everything brought me back to the all-too-familiar place I once [and still] call home (my second home, that is).

The last time I was in school was this March when I attended the Graduation Ceremony of the batch who were in second year when I graduated. All the memories started flooding me as I walked down the halls of my alma mater.

I really miss that place; I truly miss being in high school. And that night, when the #schoolmemories was a trend on twitter, the emotions materialized into a dream.

I was sitting in a desk in one of the classrooms, the one we had in fourth year if I’m not mistaken. I saw the faces of the people I’ve been missing a lot – my classmates = my friends = my brothers and sisters = MY FAMILY. We were being oriented by one of our professors about what was going to happen: we’re back in high school!
I don’t know how it’s possible, but the way I understood it in my dream, we would be spending a term in high school with our high school classmates. But we still get to pursue our classes in college. (I know it’s weird, but hey, it’s a dream.)
The next thing I know, I’m in the canteen, eating and laughing with my BFFs. Everything was fuzzy, and I don’t remember what exactly happened next. All I know is I was back in high school, I can now see my friends a lot more, and everything was real.
I woke up that morning dreading that I opened my eyes because I wanted my dream to go on forever. I tried my best to remember what exactly went on in my dream, trying to re-live every moment, as if they were real.

I miss my high school friends so much, and I haven’t seen them for so long. I really wish that we could get back to high school for real. But I know that won’t happen, and we have to move on, I have to move on. I just keep wishing and praying to God that no matter how far we go, we don’t forget each other.

It’s hard to set a specific date and time for all of us to just get together and see each other because of all our schedules. And I know it’s almost impossible for all of us to be at the same place at the same time. But if we all just give it a little nudge, who knows, maybe fate will let us cross each other’s lives once again.


To my 4B family, I love you guys with all my heart. I really, really miss you. I hope we can all set some time off our busy schedules and see each other again. I miss you, and I hope to see you ALL soon. >:D<  :*


Lots of Love,
J<3

  • Digg
  • Del.icio.us
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • RSS

0 comments:

Post a Comment