Nutella Mochi

In this day and age of sweet shops all over the corner, one specialty store is sprouting up like little mushrooms in Metro Manila - a store specializing in the little Japanese dessert called mochi. Mochi ice cream shops are everywhere, offering wide arrays of flavors to choose from. But one thing has caught my attention, and that is the Nutella Mochi I had from Sophie's Mom (yes, the cupcake store). It was this tiny brown ball of heaven that with one bite, sent out an amazing explosion of the beloved Italian chocolate-hazelnut spread onto my taste buds. The first thing that came into my mind - I HAVE to make one!

So, days after, my sister, who isn't as much of a cook as I am, made her own version. She wondered around the internet to find the perfect recipe, and voila, Nutella mochi from our own kitchen. In a couple of days, I finished everything (and that's because I was still holding back). I asked her to make me more, which she did a few more days afterwards.

But something was missing in those two batches - the nutella explosion. So today, I decided to make a batch myself and found this recipe on the internet. My sister walked into the kitchen in the middle of my mixing and commented on my mixture. She reprimanded me - being the mochi expert between us two - for using a different recipe (one with less water, cocoa powder and sugar). But being the older sister, I had to prove myself and went on making the mochi my way. Low and behold, it still worked fine.

And after an hour or so of tediously making sure that each tiny ball contains just the right amount of Nutella in it that it won't spill but would still have the Nutella explosion I had from Sophie's Mom's version, I had twenty-three balls of goodness in the fridge waiting for me to take them out and eat them.

My arms did ache afterwards (because prior to the mochi, I also made homemade tagliatelle without any pasta maker), and my fingers got all sticky with mochi all over them, but I was more than satisfied to find out my Nutella mochi was a success. Yay!






Lots of Love,
J<3

  • Digg
  • Del.icio.us
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • RSS

0 comments:

Post a Comment