Holy Wednesday

Okay. I know a new post is long overdue. But with college coming up, and then transferring to a new school a year after, I became too busy that I didn't get to post anything since my first. I guess I have to start writing again. HAHA

So.. Let's start with something appropriate with the season. I mean it's already the middle of Holy Week, and what am I doing? I am lying on my bed on the computer while the TVs on. Maybe it's best to use this time to reflect on what the season's really about.

It's been more than a month since we've started abstaining from meat every Friday (and maybe even fasting for some). But do we really know the reason behind everything? I'm not a theologian or anything, but the way I understand it, it's our way of trying to experience what Jesus felt as He suffered for our sake. People in some parts of the Philippines go to great extents to do this that they end up experiencing the Passion of Christ the way it is - walking down the street with a cross on their back, getting hit at the back with metal ropes, and getting nailed on the cross. But for most of us, we try the more convenient alternative - skip eating meat every Friday and eat just one full meal.

But aside from this, I think we should try harder when it comes to sharing Jesus' suffering. Maybe we could give up an hour of our usual internet time. Or maybe avoid drinking fizzy drinks or eating junk food. This doesn't only help us share in Jesus' Passion, it helps us cut down on non-essential things in life and maybe give us a chance to experience something else.

We still have four days left, and I know it may be short, we still have a little chance to start with changing our ways.

Lots of Love,
J<3

  • Digg
  • Del.icio.us
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • RSS

0 comments:

Post a Comment