Happy Easter! :)

Yay! Eat's Easter Sunday! A day filled with Easter Egg Hunts, egg painting, people in Easter Bunny costumes, and all other fun and games especially those made for kids.

As a kid, we were never the ones who went to this kind of events. I was the one who would anticipate the two-hour 10 pm mass every Black Saturday because I knew what would come next: the Salubong!

The Salubong is something I loved watching as a kid. It is a re-enactment of the Virgin Mary meeting the resurrected Christ. For me, it was fun to watch the tiny angels sing and slowly remove the veil from the Virgin's mourning face.

I remember wishing I was one of those angels. But I was never chosen because of my tall stature. (When I was a member of our children's choir, I was as tall - if not taller - than our teacher, although I was only six or seven years old. Also, I was a chubby kid. In short, I was too big to go on top of an elevated make-shift stage that there's a really big chance that I might fall off with a single movement.)

I guess I am thankful to my parents for letting us experience Easter a bit different than the commercialized, bunny-filled version. It made me understand the essence of Easter easier - the resurrection of Jesus Christ.

Lots of Love,
J<3

  • Digg
  • Del.icio.us
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • RSS

0 comments:

Post a Comment