Dream #2

You were the king and I was your queen. You just saved my life and everyone around were cheering, until the director yelled "Cut!" over the uproar of students, and our play was over. Our classroom's platform was turned into a stage. I don't know how it happened; how real it all looked. Our professor had to go to the other class and see how they performed, so we all decided to take a break.

We walked down the hall, side by side, our hands touching from time to time and deep inside I wished your hands took mine. But the coward in me took over and I held my hand to my back, a blush quickly rising to my cheeks.

I found a quick excuse to leave you when I saw my friends, so I left before you could say goodbye. We ate, we talked, but my mind kept going to where you were.

When we got back to our room, we all did our errands for the production of our play. Everything that went after was fuzzy, but all I could remember was that when I passed by our classroom and saw it was filled with students, I hurried and kept my eye looking straight, making my way to the comfort room.

I needed an excuse, 'cause I knew what was next - our play was about to start and the coward in me wouldn't face what we had. We started as friends, but the moment we first played lovers, we both knew something was between us.

Realizing what I had done, I quickly ran back to face everything, because hey, it was just a play, right? But to my surprise, I was five seconds too late. I entered the room and realized somebody already took my place; a different girl was in your arms. I saw you look at me, trying to search my face.

I tried to keep my cool, telling everyone I was alright when deep inside I was crushed. But hey, it's just a play, right? I told the director I could just trade roles with her. I took whatever it was and sat down, waiting for my turn.

I tried with all my strength not to look at you, but I knew your eyes were on me. So I just lay my head on my desk and closed my eyes as tears slowly ran down my cheeks. But hey, it's just a play, right? What's with all the crying?

I opened my eyes, still wet with tears, then I realized I wasn't in our old classroom with desks and props around us - I was in my room, lying on my bed.

I was dreaming. Everything felt so real. I closed my eyes and tried to continue the dream. I forced myself to sleep to find out what happened next, but to no avail. So I lay down my bed and spent the next hours on a daze trying to find out what it all meant.

But does it really mean anything?


J<3

  • Digg
  • Del.icio.us
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • RSS

0 comments:

Post a Comment