Fridate with 'Lil Sis


Red Velvet
Yesterday morning, it has been raining non-stop for a couple of hours. So a few minutes before 12pm, our afternoon classes got suspended. HOORAY!

Every time our classes get suspended, my dad would drive to school to bring us home or leave us in the mall to spend the rest of the day waiting for him to finish his shift. We may be in college, but my dad is really protective. And because our school is less than a thirty-minute drive from his office, he would gladly fetch us just so he's assured that we get home safe.

But today, my mom asked us to meet her in the mall and come home with her, so after having lunch with dad, my sister and I spent the rest of the day with each other. And most of the time was spent in this cutesy cupcake store in Glorietta: The Vanilla Cupcake Bakery.

Too bad we both decided to leave our iPods and iPads at home because we thought we would be commuting home in the rain, so we didn't get to take any pictures. The pictures I have included are from my previous visit with my friends, and I'm sorry, but I don't remember what was the flavor of the cupcakes I ordered (I think one of them was Red Velvet).

The last time I ate at Vanilla Cupcake, they were still in they're soft opening, so there sill wasn't many seats. And it was already late so most of they're cupcakes were out-of-stock. That's why I was really glad that this afternoon, we didn't have a lot of companions in the dainty cupcake shop which made the tea party-esque ambiance more peaceful and enjoyable. Also, we had a lot of cute vintage and classic chairs to choose from because the whole place was all to ourselves.

For our dessert-slash-merrienda, I ordered New York Cheesecake and Chocolate Cream Pie, while my sister had Oreo Cheesecake and Red Velvet (I know, that's too much for two girls who have just had Beef Pepper Rice at Pepper Lunch). We both had Earl Grey tea for drinks too (a full blown tea party was our theme).

As we waited for our cupcakes, we busied ourselves with picking which chair to sit on. After two or more minutes of going back and forth the powder blue vintage chairs in front and the colorful ones at the back, we settled (my sister actually) with the more eclectic one. Like I said, we failed to take picture, so I found similar chairs on the internet so you can imagine how they looked like.

Vintage chairs
From http://vintageindie.typepad.com/vintage_indie/2008/05/renewed-life-re.html

Modern vintage chair
From http://www.beinteriordecorator.com/patchwork-modern-vintage-chairs-by-kelly-swallow/patchwork-modern-vintage-chairs-design-2/

A few more moments later, our cute cupcakes arrived with our tea in even more cuter teapot and cups similar to the picture I have below. The cupcakes even came with wooden forks, a plus for being biodegradable and supporting the green movement.

Teapot and tea cup
From http://www.indigolilli.com/kitchen-hooks/50-forever-england-melissa-rose-tea-for-one-teapot-and-cup-5010792996189.html#.USjINDBTDLk

So, the cupcakes. That's what we're here for, right? Well, I have to say they were all divine! Both cheesecakes were very smooth and had just the right amount of tang and sweetness in them. Being a baker myself, I am glad to find out that the cheesecakes were baked with cream cheese and eggs and not set using gelatin. I'll give them both five out of five hearts.

For the chocolate cream pie, I enjoyed eating the chocolatey-mousy center which wasn't too sweet, just the way I like it. I loved it so much that I had to stop myself from eating everything up to save some for my mom, who I know would love it to bits. Five hearts as well.

Last, and definitely not the least, the red velvet cupcakes were, well, velvety. I liked everything about it, except for the cream cheese icing, which I would have loved even more if it had a little bit more tang in it. Probably a few more squirts of lemon juice wouldn't hurt. But nevertheless, my sister, a red velvet addict, loved it so much she even licked her fork. Four and a half hearts for this one.

And the Earl Grey tea just tied everything up. Over all, my Vanilla Cupcake visit deserves a four and three-fourths heart rating. With the delicious cupcakes and beautiful interior, I will surely be their regular customer.


Lots of Love,
J<3

  • Digg
  • Del.icio.us
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • RSS

0 comments:

Post a Comment