Just Have Faith



FAITH was a pup born with a birth defect. The incredible life of an amazing & inspirational two-legged dog that walks upright like a human!

This dog was born on Christmas Eve in the year 2002. He was born with 2 legs - He of course could not walk when he was born. Even his mother did not want him.

His first owner also did not think that he could survive and he was thinking of 'putting him to sleep'.

But then, his present owner Jude Stringfellow, met him and wanted to take care of him. She became determined to teach and train this little dog to walk by himself..

She named him 'Faith'.

In the beginning, she put Faith on a surfboard to let him feel the movement. Later she used peanut butter on a spoon as a lure and reward for him for standing up and jumping around.

Even the other dog at home encouraged him to walk.

Amazingly, only after 6 months, like a miracle, Faith learned to balance on his hind legs and to jump to move forward.

After further training in the snow, he could now walk like a human being.
Faith loves to walk around now.

No matter where he goes, he attracts people to him.






As I was reading this story, I can't stop feeling bad for poor Faith for being born without two legs. But at the same time, it made me realize how nothing is really impossible if we have faith and if we work hard to achieve what we want. There have been times when I felt hopeless during my hard times. I have experienced feeling so down that I feel I have nothing more to do to improve my situation. But compared to what life has thrown to Faith and to other people who have experienced, and are still experiencing, greater problems than mine, my worries seem meaningless.


But during these trials, we get to appreciate more what we have. Faith and his owner didn't look at his situation as being a problem. Probably they thought to themselves "At least he's got to other legs left." They looked at their situation as a glass half full, instead of half empty.


I hope that people will get to learn from Faith's story. And I think that Faith is living proof that "Success is ninety-nine percent perspiration and one percent inspiration" as said by Dr. Harry A. Becker.






Lots of Love,
J<3

  • Digg
  • Del.icio.us
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • RSS

0 comments:

Post a Comment