Summer Getaway: It's more fun-tastic in Subic!

Source: www.subichomes.com/img/fun-tastic-in-SUBIC.png
After a month of bumming around the house, I finally got out and started to celebrate my summer break the way we usually do: GO OUT OF TOWN.

I've got lots of things planned for my summer, but as usual, I haven't done half of it. Thank goodness my dad decided to bring us to Subic. Although, we didn't really go there for the beach (we're there for an opening of a mall my dad has to attend for work), which is what Subic is mostly famous for. But never mind that! I still get to go out of the house, right?


Going there, I fell asleep as we entered the North Luzon Expressway entrance, so I had no idea how the traffic was. But we went there on a weekday, so I think it wasn't that heavy. When I opened my eyes, we were nearing the exit of the Subic-Clark-Tarlac Expressway that lead to Subic. My dad was really sleepy, so I offered to drive the rest of the way to the hotel.


Being a new driver, I was really excited to experience driving in Subic. I know it's not much different  to driving back home, but my dad told me to be extremely careful because the people there are really strict about the traffic rules.


It didn't really bother me 'cause I'm the kind of person who's a stickler to rules, so I thought "I'm sure that's not a problem. I'm good at following rules." But as I started driving, I see an additional lane for cars who are about to turn left. I think "That's fine, dad will tell you when you need to use that lane." Then there were additional writings on the road. It's a good thing they were just additional instructions telling you if you have to stop, and where to exactly stop. After noticing all this changes, in every turn I make, I ended up feeling a bit queasy because I kept thinking that I'm doing something wrong. Thankfully that was just my imagination and I still got home with a clean record, but that was one experience I won't soon forget.


Sorry for babbling about my driving, that's not really what this is about. Okay, so I have to say that the experience was really fun. It's a great break from the hustle and bustle I usually experience back home. First of all, very little traffic, second, there aren't as much people  in the streets, third, there are more "greens", and the best of all, the beach is just a few minutes away!


But I must admit, the place has changed since I have last been there. Although the memories are quite blurry because I haven't been there for a while, but I remember seeing less commercial establishments. I'm sure there wasn't an SM the last time I was there.


We stayed in a hotel just across Harbor Point (the mall that's about to open the next day) so that it wont be a problem in the morning when it comes to parking and such, but I think it was a bad idea (I'll get to that later). When we got to Subic, it was about 2pm, but we haven't had our lunch yet, so we ate at Racks. I got to enjoy that really well. (Yum!) After wards, we had a little tour of the place. We visited the old hotel we stayed in when I was a toddler, we had a stroll in the beach during sunset, and we looked for the monkeys along some street we ALWAYS visited whenever we were in Subic. But sadly, they weren't there anymore. :(


My mom, my sister and I went back to the hotel because my dad still had some work to do in the mall (see, I told you it was work-related), and when he got back a little after eight in the evening, we decided to eat out for dinner. But we were surprised to see that most of the establishments are either closed or about to close. All the Freeport malls have already dimmed their lights and started fixing up their things, and only a few stores, like the gasoline stations, the 7-Eleven outlets, and a few other mini-groceries were open. We were surprised by this because we got used to stores closing at 10pm. But anyways, we found a restaurant called Meat Plus, a store famous for their stakes, but even they were about to close up (they close at nine in the weekdays). It was a good thing we got in there just in time to have our orders placed and get the last call  a few minutes after.


So I said having a hotel right across Harbor Point was bad, right? Well it's not THAT bad, it's just that we had to walk a couple of minutes UNDER THE SCORCHING HEAT OF THE SUMMER SUN. Sorry for the emphasis, but I'm trying my best to take care of my skin, so I'm a bit OC when it comes to these things. Other than that, everything went pretty well aside from a little "accident" that happened along the way. I mean, we got to eat for free (although a lot of the dishes contained chicken, which I am allergic to - Boo D:), we got to be among the first to see the place, we got to meet a few celebrities, and got a free ride on one of their attractions: The Fun Rider 5D (a perk of being my father's daughter Hihi :3 ).


After everything that happened, may it be good or not so good, I can say that it really is more fun-tastic in Subic.


Lots of Love,
J<3

  • Digg
  • Del.icio.us
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • RSS

0 comments:

Post a Comment